PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Sunday 23 May 2010

Whirling and Twirling

DSCN6004-1 Tornado

This one I like. It appeared at our travel centre (trains and long distance busses) a couple of years ago. Then for some reason unknown to me it was “gone with the wind” for a while. I missed it. Now it is back! To stay, I hope.

Our town is known for its textile industry; I think this sculpture connects to that as well.

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, man!!! I love this!! What a lovely and colorful shock to the eyes to open your blog today. Is the base made out of the same stuff as the rest, only unwound? I would put this in my yard in a minute!

Don said...

A cool pic and sculpture, unless your home was destroyed in a tornado, not that mine was, just sayin'.

Red, white, and blue... it looks like an American tornado, but it's up-to-date: it's got a hint of green!

(Looks tough to climb too!)

Happy Sunday!

Don

DawnTreader said...

Don - Tornados of home-destroying size and force are rare in Sweden. I know it's a bit different in the US.

rae said...

That really is a cool one! It looks like it could start moving at any minute.

MadSnapper said...

this one rates and I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! for sure, a purple tornado, how cool is that

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin