PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Saturday 29 May 2010

What’s the Point?

DSCN6026-1

DSCN6028

stabil = stable (a.)

One question I ask myself in contemplating some of our new sculptures is – what exactly was the point of acquiring the one above (recently bought), when we already had the one below?

DSCN6008-1

DSCN6009

gestalter - (n. plural)
figures, characters, shapes 

Personally I find Gestalter more interesting. It has a suggestion of striving to stay upright in spite of not giving a very stable impression at all.

 

 

4 comments:

Graham Edwards said...

Like you, I prefer Gestalter. Perhaps they were bought to keep one another company.

MadSnapper said...

they both look like they fell off the sattelite as it passed overhead. NOT my kind of art. another FUN post. keep them coming

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sandra's comment is making me laugh now! But seriously, the first one is rather threatning, don't you think! Almost like a giant weapon of some sort. But I agree with you on the second one, it does have a point, standing up when you think you can't. Well done!!!!

Don said...

The new one looks like a new model: what's not to like about that?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin