PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Thursday 27 May 2010

Watching and Waiting

 DSCN6001-1

‘Hitman’ by Kent Karlsson

This sculpture is on loan for the summer exhibit and has been placed inside the bus centre building, with the train station in the background. Considering its name (and other recent events with other sculptures) perhaps a wise move to put it in a “safe” place! (My only complaint is that it wasn’t easy to get a good shot of it with the camera… because of the contrast between the darkness inside the building and the bright light outside.) 

I kind of like it. If I hadn’t read its name in the paper, I think I might have called it Time Traveller. The name Hitman gives it a more ominous feeling though…

“You can't own time, but you can use it.
You can't keep it, but you can spend it.
Once you've lost it you can never get it back.”

~Harvey MacKay~

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I adore this, and what an imagination the artist must have!! I guess time is running out if you are targeted by a hitman. Or maybe the hitman is time itself...?

Graham Edwards said...

This really is a good one and I would go with your title, Monica. I don't really understand the Hit Man title. But then perhaps I'm a bit slow this morning.

MadSnapper said...

i am with gb, don't get the hitman, although ginny seemed to have the answer for it, i like time travelor better

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin