PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Saturday 12 September 2009

One Of Those Days - Or Not

Earlier this week, I was thinking of maybe signing up for a local photo shoot-out 'thing' this Saturday. They have it every year and I always think that "maybe this year I will", but then I never get round to it. I didn't this year either. At the beginning of the week I though maybe my brother would be coming down this weekend. Then he said he wouldn't, but then it was too late to sign up. Then I felt a little disappointed. Then I woke up this morning and there was fog outside my window, and somehow it seemed to have got inside my head too, so I was just as glad I hadn't signed up. Lousy photo weather anyway!

However, towards noon I found that at least the fog inside my head had cleared up a bit, and then I decided to go into town after all. With camera, although without competing. Apart from all the enthusiastic photographers running around looking for I-don't-know-what-themes, it turned out to be Home Guard Day. The good part for me was that since I was not taking part in any competition, I got to keep my photos.

So here are some sights that one does not see every day in this country:


Riding police


Camouflage dressed hornblowers
(not really very good camouflage in town environment, and making a lot of noise too)


Military band members having picknick on a town bridge

1 comment:

Graham Edwards said...

At least you got out today! Interesting collection as well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin