PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Wednesday 30 September 2009

First Frost



This morning I woke up and found that we had had the first really frosty night. My camera-dog started barking (if you did not understand that, you have not read yesterday's post) and we went for an early walk, about 8.15 a.m. Half an hour and 30 pictures... This one is a straight-from-the-camera shot.

Today at DawnTreader's Picture Book I signed up for Wordless Wednesday, and am showing a series of pictures from the autumn market last Friday. 

5 comments:

rae said...

I'm pretty sure I've forgotten what frost feels like. It was 75 degrees F and 96% humidity before the sun rose this morning! "Winter" doesn't exist here. Thanks for the beautiful picture. Almost makes me miss cold weather!

Scriptor Senex said...

Hopefully our first frost is still a month off. But seeing your picture makes me think it will be OK when it comes.

Graham Edwards said...

In the Outer Hebrides of Scotland we rarely see frost. Living as I do in permanent summers I cannot remember when I saw a frost. Seeing your photo has actually reminded me of that which I am missing. I actually would like to see a frost again. That's quite surprised me. People can be quite odd.

DawnTreader said...

I have to say I rather surprised myself today. My first reaction when it's cold in the morning is usually that if possible I'll wait until later to go out! But today the photographer in me took command... Crisp blue sky, low sun and long shadows over white frosted grass... One or two hours later, that magic touch will be gone again. And who knows what tomorrow will be like.

Jeannette StG said...

It's a beautiful pic, Dawn. I need to drive 7 hours North to see frost!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin