PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Friday 11 December 2009

Harry Potter and Christmas

For readers who are interested in or curious about the Harry Potter books, I just want to mention here that I just put in a new post at my Through My Spectrespecs blog - Christmas in the Wizarding World. The number (1) after the title indicates that I have a sequel in mind. This first Christmas-related post is chiefly about the first book in the series, The Philosopher's Stone; where, in my opinion, J.K. Rowling makes rather clever use of hidden parallells between the alchemist Nicolas Flamel who is mentioned in the book (who was also a historical person), and the Father Christmas/Santa Claus/St Nicholas of our Christmas traditions, who is not mentioned... 



The picture of St Nicholas is from
http://www.catholicgreetings.org/





1 comment:

bathmate said...

nice posting. very good work. thank you. :)

bathmate

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin