PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Sunday 13 December 2009

Fire and Ice



Yesterday (Saturday) I did get myself into town to have a look at the Christmas Market. It was a good day for it since for a change the temperature was just below zero and it was not raining  - we even had a bit of sun for a while!

The snow in the picture above though was especially made or imported for Santaland - it has not been snowing in this part of the country! And the same goes for the ice block used to make an ice sculpture:



The sculpture was supposed to be a polar bear. The job was going to take several more hours to finish though, and I didn't have the stamina to hang around all that long! Today the temperature is above zero again with some rain - so it remains to be seen how long the sculpture will last...






Print

2 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

I would love to see ice sculptures. When I've seen them on television they look so marvellous. It must take real skill.

DawnTreader said...

I put in pictures of the finished ice sculpture in a separate post today!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin