PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Saturday, 9 January 2010

Photography Friendly Mittens

Lately it has been so cold outside (this morning again -17 C) that it has been hard to be without gloves for as long as it takes to get the camera out and take a couple shots. Even when you get your hands back into the fur-lined suède mittens, it takes forever to warm up those frozen fingers again...

But today, in a shop in town, I may just have found the solution:



For the purpose of keeping warm, the ones below are otherwise really what is needed just now... But with those on, I can't even handle the zipper on the camera bag!



PS. This is my second post today, so please scroll down for more reading...

5 comments:

Sandra said...

you find the most extraordianry things to take photos of, these are great shots and a good idea also.

Dan Felstead said...

Dawn Treader...YES I need those gloves! Great idea!

Dan

rae said...

Plus, they are CUTE! It's nice to be both well-decked-out AND comfortable.

jeannette stgermain said...

yes, those fingerless mitts are quite handy - I knitted myself a pair last year and posted them 1/22/2009. But I can imagine with the kind of cold that you're having in Sweden, you do need the bottom ones!! Hope you cnan keep warm!

DawnTreader said...

I was SO happy to find mine ready-made in a store :) I knew what I was looking for but did not really expect to find any, the only people I've ever seen wearing something similar are market salesmen.

I did some knitting back in my early 20's but nowadays anything like that quickly gives me increased pain up my arm and neck...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Make the hidden word visible! Stay and play a game of Hangman.

There was an error in this gadget