PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Saturday 9 January 2010

Photography Friendly Mittens

Lately it has been so cold outside (this morning again -17 C) that it has been hard to be without gloves for as long as it takes to get the camera out and take a couple shots. Even when you get your hands back into the fur-lined suède mittens, it takes forever to warm up those frozen fingers again...

But today, in a shop in town, I may just have found the solution:



For the purpose of keeping warm, the ones below are otherwise really what is needed just now... But with those on, I can't even handle the zipper on the camera bag!



PS. This is my second post today, so please scroll down for more reading...

5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

you find the most extraordianry things to take photos of, these are great shots and a good idea also.

Dan Felstead said...

Dawn Treader...YES I need those gloves! Great idea!

Dan

rae said...

Plus, they are CUTE! It's nice to be both well-decked-out AND comfortable.

Jeannette StG said...

yes, those fingerless mitts are quite handy - I knitted myself a pair last year and posted them 1/22/2009. But I can imagine with the kind of cold that you're having in Sweden, you do need the bottom ones!! Hope you cnan keep warm!

DawnTreader said...

I was SO happy to find mine ready-made in a store :) I knew what I was looking for but did not really expect to find any, the only people I've ever seen wearing something similar are market salesmen.

I did some knitting back in my early 20's but nowadays anything like that quickly gives me increased pain up my arm and neck...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin