PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Monday 22 February 2010

The Snow Situation



Going out for a walk in another direction today, I have to say the snow situation right now is really quite extraordinary. I don't think I've seen this much snow since the mid 80's, if even then. I moved to this town in January 1986 and I know the first two winters I spent here were very cold with lots of snow. But this much? I'm not sure.

At the same time I'm finding it a real challenge to quite catch the situation with the camera. It's hard to find definite points of reference; and the snow in itself gives so very little contrast.






My Friends-who-prefer-not-to-use-the-computer
will have to rethink soon!

And it has just started snowing again...

3 comments:

rae said...

That last one is great! I love the bright colors.

MadSnapper said...

I like the Drop In sign in red, it certainly looks like it was dropped in a lot of snow. you are doing a great job finding snow pictures.

GB said...

I think these are great snow pictures, Monica. It certainly tells a very clear story.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin