PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Friday 26 February 2010

Rise and Fall


Since last night we've had a rise in temperature. A bit of rain on top of the snow. Not nearly enough to wash it all away though. Just enough to cause more problems with collapsing roofs, falling icicles, icy roads, delays in public transport etc...

Not having been out for two days, I still ventured out for a short walk to the nearest convenience store. Stupid idea. For the first time this winter, I slipped and fell. Didn't break anything, and luckily I landed in a heap of snow, and mainly on the part of my body designed for the purpose (sitting down). But also took a thrust with my right shoulder/arm (the bad one) with a shot of pain all the way up to the most painful spot in my neck.

So - foreseeing more time flat on my back* over the next few days, and less at the computer...

*PS. Reading this post over, the morning after, I feel that I should perhaps add that I was referring to lying flat on my back on my bed or couch - not out on the streets! ('Cos I'm not going out there again this weekend, unless some dire emergency forces me to!) LOL

3 comments:

Jeannette StG said...

Oh my dear, I still can remember those painful falls because of snow! Just take it easy and take care of yourself!

MadSnapper said...

I knew you meant bed, but your PS comment about lying on the street made me smile. I am sorry you fell and you are right about staying off the computer. i have back and shoulder problems and when I sit here to long, it makes for more pain. we will miss you but don't push yourself to hard.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry about your fall! I know it's a real shock to your system when you have a hard fall. It just jostles everything! I do love the hazy shot of the sun through the trees, and I see that even though you are injured, you maintain a sense of humor!! Get well quickly!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin