PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Water and Wood

DSCN9775-1

DSCN9777-1

My camera dragged me out for a walk on Monday afternoon because we had such a dramatic sky going. (See more of that in the Picture Book blog.)

Approaching the river, I noticed that some trees had recently been cut down, which offered a new view of the waterfall.

Then I had a closer look at the tree stumps…
Isn’t this one just wonderful? Like a piece of art.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have been looking at these for quite some time now! The first picture is water and two different forms of wood. The trees and the houses? But the stump is amazing!! I want to throw away all my stump pictures now!

Jeannette StG said...

You are right the top of that tree stump is very artful! And I like how the foam that the little waterfall forms those circles!

MadSnapper said...

I have a folder full of tree stumps, i love them. but none of them compare to this stump, it is gorgous. and that first photo is simply beautiful. both of these photos you out did your self on them. LOVE THE POST

Graham Edwards said...

The bottom photo is a beautiful example of something which is not just visually pleasing in itself but can also be a representation of ideas and physical combinations. I love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin