PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Sunday 10 October 2010

About Haircuts and Years Gone By

 DSCN9102-1

Earlier this week, I had an appointment with my hairdresser. Mentioning this to a male friend, he kind of assumed that meant ’an afternoon out’. I replied that if you include the time it took me to get there and back, which means a bus ride one way and quite a long walk back afterwards, it could be called that. The actual “hairdressing”, though, is usually a pretty quick and straightforward thing with me. About half an hour if I go to my usual hairdresser. With my neck-and-shoulder problems, what I need is a hairdo that requires a minimum of daily effort to keep up; and which also does not suddenly turn into complete chaos after six weeks. Hence, I’ve given up pretending that my hair is really gorgeously thick, or naturally curly, or quite the same colour as twenty years ago.

I know I’ve not been too generous with pictures of myself on this blog (or any other blog, for that matter). I’m usually behind the camera, not in front of it. One sharp-eyed reader with good memory recalled in a comment to yesterday’s post (where you did get a glimpse of me) that in my previous blog header I had appeared to be brunette. And now - subtly implied - I was not…? I had to laugh… For one thing, the picture referred to was from the early 1990s. For another, it was taken against the light so really just a silhouette, not revealing details. That’s why I thought I could get away with it… (LOL)

For you who might have forgotten, or joined me since I last changed my header, here is the picture I used:

33170183 
1992 – south coast of Sweden near Ystad

Some years back, I had a “Memory CD” made from a choice of photos taken with my old Olympus camera (including the one above). Here are a few more:

33170004 
1984 (age 28), in the flat where I was living then.

33170092
1988, on the west coast

33170142 
1992, I think… (town of Borås in the background)

 33170215 
1995 - 40th birthday, with friends

Monica 50 005 
50th birthday (taken by friend with her camera)

DSCN9392 
2010 – up to date, in my study.

I’m still trying to persuade myself some days that that’s ash blond, not gray. (Cameras can’t be trusted, right?)

Oh, who am I kidding…

PS. Two posts today. Scroll down or click here for the other one.

3 comments:

ANNA-LYS said...

Hej,

Glad to meet You :-)
and I think You look
great in that colour
You have now, keep it!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't believe it!! I finally get to see you! Thank you!! Your header with the overturned canoe reminds me of your old header with you sitting on one! I see now you are really just in shadow in that one. I for sure didn't mean to be snide or anything, I was just commenting, since I didn't know what you look like. I love your hair color, it looks blonde to me! Actually, I think you look like me! We both have bangs, too! Don't you like it when you know what your blog friends look like, and can visualize them when chatting? Some people won't give their real names, or where they live, or even a profile picture. I guess they are nervous about security. You should post more pictures of yourself! I am the same way with my hair, I just want it to be no fuss to take care of and something quick I can do for myself, no perms; the smell of those knocks me over! Nice to meet you - again!!!

Graham Edwards said...

It's good to see you over the years. And you suit the current hairstyle!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin