PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Saturday 30 October 2010

The Times They Are A’Changin’

DSCN9590-2

I’m going back through my pictures from the past year and it’s getting harder and harder to remember what I have already shared or not. Or on which blog. Or in a collage or as single picture.

Same thing with post titles. I suspect I may well have used this one before. Especially since it’s not mine to begin with.

But if I can’t remember, I guess there’s a good chance that perhaps you can’t either…?

This photo is one that I took on the first frosty morning 2½ weeks ago. Since then we’ve been going back and forth between frosty and mild weather. Less colour left in nature with every turn…

Tonight we turn our clocks back to winter time. I’ll be glad of it in the morning but less glad in the afternoon.

Here are some words I probably also quoted before:

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 1:9

5 comments:

Don said...

If friends can't repeat themselves... then are they really friends? (And who will really know if we repeat ourselves?)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hey, we turn the clocks back tonight, too!!! I didn't know other countries do that! BUT, what is that amazing plant??? I called Phil to look at it, I've never seen anything like it!! Now you have just gotten a good point through my thick skull (literally, I was diagnosed with having thickening of the skull). If we can't remember what we've posted, then it unlikely that our readers will remember if we post the same thing twice. What a happy thought!!! After I've used a picture, I delete it from my computer. If it is just too good to delete, I have two folders for alrady used pictures and I put it in one of these: "Used On Blog" or "Headers"

DawnTreader said...

Don, you've got a point :)

Ginny, lots of countries do that. The whole of Europe does it. Other parts of the world too, but not all on the exact same dates. There are lists of it on the internet if you google daylight saving time.

I'm afraid I don't know the name of the flower.

Delete pictures?! No, I don't want to do that... I might want them for other purposes than blogging.

MadSnapper said...

nothing new under the sun, so true even though times are changing rapidly. i don't remember title or flower so you are safe.
our time does not change until next week, miss Ginny is not with the changing times. ours changes on teh 7th of Nov this year.
I checked for a friend that wondered when the time change started and it was in the late 1800s and they did it to conserve incadescent lights in the evenings. i did not know it was world wide until i googled last night to find out who started it. I like if AFTER i adjust to it but whine a lot for the first week.

California Girl said...

sometimes I wonder if I've already posted a photo; other times I know I'm repeating one jut because it's appropriate. I don't think it matters a bit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin