PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Monday 11 October 2010

Quotation of the Week (41/2010)

DSCN9016-1

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.”

~ George Burns (1896 – 1996) ~

Another quote I came across while trying to find out who the man behind last week’s quotation was... American actor, writer and comedian who lived to be no less than 100 years old. I have no idea how old he was when he first uttered these words, though! ;)

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

A lovely pisture of a coneflower. Yes, it is the George Burns I was thinking of! He had T.V. shows here, and he had a real funny one with his wife, Gracie Allen. I used to watch it as a child. He smoked cigars. Once when he was very old, someone said to him "George, your lifestyle is not healthy, including your smoking. What would your doctors say?" He replied "I don't know, they're all dead".

Von said...

I understand he booked the Albert hall for his 100th.

Graham Edwards said...

Great comedian. He's luck he could bend down and do his laces. Mind you my maternal grandmother could put her hands almost flat on the floor without bending her legs when she was in her 90s.

MadSnapper said...

I AM THERE! the difference is, I need someone to get me UP after i finish what i think of while doing it. actually i don't wear shoes with strings anymore.

DawnTreader said...

I have a chair by the door in my hall... :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin