PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Monday 19 July 2010

Quotation of the Week (29/2010)

The page of life that was spread out before me seemed dull and commonplace, only because I had not fathomed its deeper import.
~Nathanael Hawthorne~

DSCN7384-1
Wooden sculpture by Uno Axelsson

Come to me , all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
~Matthew 11:28~

Most of Uno Axelsson’s wooden sculptures are of animals, but this one is entitled “My Hands”, and includes the Bible quote from Matthew 11.

See more of his sculptures in yesterday’s post, and there will be even more to come.

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes! I'm glad you're showing more of the wood art! I love the quote! Is that what's carved into both sides of the wood book? It's a good picture, I like the lighting.

DawnTreader said...

The Bible quote is carved into the wood book, not the other one. The Hawthorne quote was 'quotation of the day' in my sidebar gadget one day last week.

MadSnapper said...

the hands show every single age line. this is beautiful. he is very talented.
and you don't have to worry about me camaflogueing my post ha ha, would not know how

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin