PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Thursday 22 July 2010

It’s A Jungle Out There…

DSCN7561-1 

… on my balcony. It’s been a hot summer, and lately also some almost tropical nights. In spite of rain last night and this morning, I still had to feed the tomato plant another big bottle of water this evening… Some sunny days I’ve had to water it two or three times! 

DSCN7559-1

Cultivated “woodland” strawberries.

DSCN7345

Furry, silky clematis seed heads.

DSCN7556

Nasturtium flower after the rain.

---

And here’s the theme song from the TV series Monk from which I stole the title:

I just finished season 7 on DVD and am about to start on the 8th and last, so if you have already seen it, please do NOT tell me how it ends!

4 comments:

Maddog Salamander said...

You reminded me that Monk ended...and I haven't even seen past season 4. Man...stupid studies getting in the way. I will have to find some time to hide away with my DVD player, television, a case of Henry Wienhart's special reserve root beer, some snacks (both healthy and un-healthy) and get down to some serious watching.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, your terrance is like the Garden Of Eden, it's so beautiful. I would just want to live out there and eat there, too! I miss Mr. Monk!!! Did you know he had another theme song before this one? I liked it better, but this one's good.

DawnTreader said...

@ Ginny: I know I've read that there was another theme for the first episodes but I can't recall hearing it. Either my memory is just bad or they changed it for the whole series before distributing it abroad.

Cherrie McKenzie said...

Love your patio! Yes, there was a different theme for the first season of Monk. It was almost like a Greek melody. Evidently something happened because for awhile there was a running joke on the show about changing the theme.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin