PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Sunday 11 April 2010

One for GB





Just before I went out for a walk today, I was reading GB's post on his last croquet tournament for the season in New Zealand.

In a park not very far from where I live there is a croquet lawn. I only know that because there is a sign that says so. During the two years I've lived in this neighbourhood I never saw anyone use this lawn to actually play croquet. Once last summer I saw a man mowing it, but that's all the activity I've ever seen there. Until today!  (a beautiful spring day)

So I'm posting the pictures of this very special sign of spring for you, my friend - with congratulations!

3 comments:

California Girl said...

looks fun. I haven't played croquet since i was young and we all know how long that has been LOL!

GB said...

Gosh. Thanks Monica. There is life as I know it outside New Zealand! Interestingly the layout of the lawn looks different and there seem to be white balls on the lawn too. I must see if I can find out a bit more about croquet in Sweden.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love croquet, but haven't played in years. We used to have a set and played in the front yard.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin