PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Monday 5 January 2009

The Dawn of a New Year and a New Blog

After some trial and error, it seems I have created a blog!

In choosing the title, I had in mind the Island of the Voices in C.S. Lewis's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, where Lucy enters a Magician's House to find the Magician's Book, and within that book A Spell to make hidden things visible.

She read it through to make sure of all the hard words and then said it out loud. And she knew at once that it was working because as she spoke the colours came into the capital letters at the top of the page and the pictures began appearing in the margins. It was like when you hold to the fire something written in Invisible Ink and the writing gradually shows up...
I really have no clear idea yet what hidden things I want this blog to make visible. But maybe if I start writing, I will find out...

2 comments:

Gary Wood said...

I like the place where dreams come true, not day dreams but your dreams. Creepy!

DawnTreader said...

Hoy, it seems somebody actually landed on my island! ;) Yes, the idea of a place where dreams come true deserves thinking about at least twice...! Dreams are interesting, though. Sometimes they actually work a bit like "the spell to make hidden things visible" - bringing light to the understanding of our subconscious (the text written in otherwise invisible ink).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin