PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Friday 13 August 2010

Thank You, Blogger

DSCN7960-1
DSCN7963
DSCN7959
Blogger made me very happy yesterday, by introducing the new automatic spam detection! I’ve been thinking for weeks, not to say months: Surely there must be some better way to deal with this problem than leaving it up to each and every blogger to keep chasing and deleting them one by one?!?? Thank you, Blogger, for the new Comments Tab and the Spam Inbox.
For you who have so far been lucky enough not to be troubled by spam, I can report that the new filter seems to work as intended. At least with the sort of spam that I have been subjected to for a while.

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow!! You got some kind of bee or wasp in mid-flight!! So hard to do. I mean which do you choose, Macro, or stop motion? Can't have both. I've not heard about the SPAM filter, not at all. Thanks for letting us all know. Beautiful lily, I'm still looking at the flying insect, though.

Deborah said...

OH, I didn't even see that! Thanks for the update!

DawnTreader said...

Ginny, sorry to disappoint you ;) but the insect was not actually in the air, but sitting on the flower. It's neither bee nor wasp but something smaller - some kind of hoverfly is my guess even if it wasn't hovering at the time so hard to tell. The camera was in macro mode.

MadSnapper said...

the flowers are so pretty and the photographer did a Great Job grabbing them so clear and pretty and also the little visitor. i have not seen the spam filter, do we have to set it up? or is it automatic. i will try to find it

Graham Edwards said...

So far the Chinese comments I get on A Hebridean in New Zealand haven't been caught. Hopefully they soon will be. I'm not sure how they detect the line though!

I think we really need Scriptor for the insect but my initial reaction was that it's a Mason or Potter Wasp. Unfortunately even though I enlarged it I couldn't see sufficent head detail.

DawnTreader said...

GB: It is mainly that kind of spam I've been having trouble with, too, and it seems to me now that Blogger is being successful in nailing them down as spam. I still get some of them in my mail inbox but when I go to check, Blogger has isolated them as spam and not published them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin