This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...
Thursday, 19 August 2010
BTT: Too Many Questions
This week's Blogging-Through-Thursday questions turned out to be a meme of no less than 55 questions. Gosh, that's Blogging-Through-Thursday-For-A-Whole-Year-And-More!!! I don't "do" memes that long. If you want the full list of questions, follow the BTT-link above. I decided to only answer the ones which brought an immediate short answer to mind.
2. What are you reading right now? Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll (re-reading)
3. What books do you have on request at the library? None.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Where was Wonderland - a traveller's guide to the settings of classic children's books. The Magic Code - The use of magical patterns in fantasy for children.
6. Do you have an e-reader? No.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? I often have several books going but then usually of different kind.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? If they have, I'm not sure it is really related to the blogging.
13. Can you read on the bus? No.
14. Favorite place to read? At home in my recliner chair or bed.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books? As a rule, no. Might have been guilty of a few exceptions. Never a borrowed one, though!
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? It happens. (Again, only in my own books.) Mostly with "study" books. But in others too (especially cheap paperbacks) I have been known to mark some quoteworthy passage, scribble down a translation of a word I had to look up, a questionmark, or a reference.
19. What is your favorite language to read in? English for English books. Swedish for Swedish ones. I also read German but not very often now.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book? Yes. Sometimes helpful, sometimes not so much! (cf. 52)
28. Favorite reading snack? Don't usually eat snacks while reading. Cough drops, a cup of tea, maybe a biscuit or an apple.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. The DaVinci Code, maybe. (I'll never know. Might have felt the same way about it anyway!)
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? 1-5
37. How often have you returned a book to the library unread? Quite often.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? Noise. Like the distant repetitious beat of someone else's choice of music. People talking. TV. (I either want it quiet, or my own choice of music.)
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never with novels. Sometimes with other kinds of books.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? Getting interrupted by something more important. Or just finding myself bored or disgusted with it.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yes.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? Most of the books I buy nowadays are books that I expect I'll want to keep.
52. Name a book that made you angry. Some so-called self-help books that did not feel helpful. Titles not worth remembering!
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? Children's books, fantasy, mysteries without too much violence.