PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Tuesday 17 August 2010

End Of Summer

DSCN8069-1

It’s not over yet, but nature is beginning to bear witness to the change of season…

DSCN8090-1

One thing I like about the rose hip bush is that it sometimes has fruit and new fresh flower buds going at the same time.

DSCN8027-1

DSCN8087-1

What really speaks of the turn of season is the Rowan berries turning red:

DSCN7720-1 
28 July

DSCN8098-1 
17 August

5 comments:

MadSnapper said...

beautiful red berries. but my favorite today is the first photo. they look like small beautiful dancers. maybe dancing ghosts? or little girl ballerinas? what ever I love the photo

Ginny Hartzler said...

It's cool how everyone gets something different out of the same blog! I did not see what Sandra saw. It was only after reading her comment that I went back, and there it was!! My favorite is the big shiny Rowan Berry!! Perfect!

Jeannette StG said...

The berries look so attractive! Long ago that I saw a rose hip bush! This year has gone so fast...I'm not ready for summer to be over!!

Suburban Girl said...

Oh no, I don't want it hear it..."end of summer." Goodness, where did it go.

Graham Edwards said...

I'll echo Rebecca on this one! Or I might add for here 'What summer?'

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin