PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Sunday 4 October 2009

Cinnamon Roll Day


Picture by unknown photographer

4 October is Cinnamon Roll Day in Sweden. To let the cinnamon roll have its own day is  a tradition that only goes back 10 years... But the tradition of the cinnamon roll itself is said to go back to the 1920s, after the first world war. Most people prefer it with coffee, or milk. (Myself, I'm a tea-person...) At a traditional Swedish afternoon coffee party, several kinds of sweet pastry are served. The cinnamon roll is usually one of them; and if it is, that is what you start with (before the biscuits and cakes).

I'm afraid I did not bake the ones on the picture. In fact, I did not even take the picture... But I did bake an apple-cinnamon-cake yesterday, using apples from the trees at my dad's house.

In case LinkWithin does not suggest it automatically, here is a link to an older post of mine about Swedish coffee traditions.

1 comment:

Jeannette StG said...

That's a great tradition, Monika!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin