PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Wednesday 1 July 2009

One Year Anniversary


One year ago, I got the keys to the apartment where I now live. I didn't move in until three weeks later, but it was "mine" from 1 July, and I was here on that day to have my first look at it empty. Right now I find it hard to believe it was just one year ago; so much has happened since then. I had just about got settled in when my parents' health started to seriously deteriorate last autumn. I'm still feeling grateful every day that I at least found this place and got my own move out of the way before all that.

Right now it's too hot wherever one is (compare yesterday's post), but this place is both better situated and better planned for my needs, than my old apartment.

2 comments:

Pan's Island said...

Living in the right place can be such a blessing sometimes - home is our sanctuary. By the nature of university I've moved 4 times in the last 4 years and I can say without a doubt that where we live has an affect on our lives. I'm glad that the apartment you got 1 year ago has in some small way helped you through this most difficult time.
And as to the heat I sympathize, last week was outrageously hot here - with the humidity the temperature outisde reached 37 degrees - I had to just lie in bed and use a cold washcloth to cool down. lol

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary :) Being stable is always so comforting :) Aloha

Rabbit, rabbit

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin