PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Monday 15 November 2010

Quotation of the Week (46/2010)

DSCN0058

I love borders. August is the border between summer and autumn; it is the most beautiful month I know. Twilight is the border between day and night, and the shore is the border between sea and land. The border is longing: when both have fallen in love but still haven't said anything. The border is to be on the way. It is the way that is the most important thing.

- Tove Jansson -

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am blown away by this quote! I have been reading and reading it!! I have actually copied it to put on the church prayer line. Actually, I feel the same way about borders, but just never put it all together and thought of it this way. How do you pronounce the author's first name, I will need to give that. Great post!!!

DawnTreader said...

Tove Jansson was a Swedish-speaking Finnish author. I have now added a link on the name to the Wikipedia page. On that page in turn you can listen to how the name is pronounced in the Finland-Swedish dialect.

MadSnapper said...

I have never thought of it that way, and before i read the quote i was thinking I don't like borders. borders to me mean I can't go there, or it is blocking me, or I can't cross it becuase they say i can't. that is how i thought, now i think different. i love the quote, it is postive, mine was negative. thanks

rae said...

Great quote!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin