PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Wednesday 13 May 2009

What's the buzz



A couple of weeks ago, I passed through a little park with half a dozen or more of these fantastic trees close together in full bloom. Unfortunately, there was no way that I could get an overall view with my camera (the park being surrounded by streets and houses). Instead, I went in under the trees and took a few shots from below. This was an extraordinary experience in itself, because when I got in under the trees, I was also surrounded by the buzz of what must have been hundreds of busy bumblebees (possibly ordinary bees as well) collecting the nectar of the flowers. I could not get close enough with my camera to get any of them to pose for a photograph, though.

Standing there under these trees, I was reminded of this quote from Winnie-the-Pooh:

'That buzzing-noise means something. You don't get a buzzing-noise like that, just buzzing and buzzing, without it meaning something. If there's a buzzing-noise, somebody's making a buzzing-noise, and the only reason for making a buzzing-noise that I know of is because you're a bee.'
(My comment: Well, or possibly a bumblebee...)

Remembering the rest of the story, I did not try to climb the tree...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture. Get's me buzzing for the day :) Aloha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin