PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Monday 13 April 2009

Quotation of the Week (16/09)

"No matter how hard you try to be what you once were, you can only be what you are here and now. Time hypnotizes. When you're nine, you think you've always been nine years old and will always be. When you're thirty, it seems you've always been balanced there on that bright rim of middle life. And then when you turn seventy, you are always and forever seveny. You're in the present, you're trapped in a young now or and old now, but there is no other now to be seen."
Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine

1 comment:

California Girl said...

Well I'm trapped at 57 and I don't know what to do! I don't feel as though I've always been on this hard road to approaching old age. I feel, in fact, as though twenty were just yesterday. Only my body is aging. My mind is young!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin