PLEASE NOTE

This blog goes on under a different name and new web address from January 2011. Please follow me...

Beyond the Lone Islands

http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com

Wednesday 8 April 2009

Easter Egg


HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!
I got this egg in an email yesterday. I have four similar paper ones in different sizes that I use as Easter decorations at home. According to the printed text inside the two biggest ones, they were made in "GDR" = the German Democratic Republic, so they have to be at least 20 years old!!

I like the Easter Egg as a symbol of rebirth, hidden secrets, "goodies", new possibilites... This year, I'm keeping my decoration Eggs empty, though. That can be seen as symbolic, too:
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen!"
Gospel of Luke, 24:1-6

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice and Happy Easter to you and yours :)

California Girl said...

wonderful colorful cheerful egg! The Easter story always makes me cry. I know we're supposed to feel joy about the Resurrection but the pain and suffering Christ went through always tears me up.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin